Inicio Local One injured in Naperville apartment complex kitchen fire

One injured in Naperville apartment complex kitchen fire


One person received minor injuries after a kitchen fire in an apartment complex in Naperville Wednesday, authorities said.

Naperville firefighters responded to the 1400 block of Fairway Drive at 9:47 p.m. for a fire in the third floor apartment, authorities said.

Firefighters found smoke in the third-floor unit and the building sprinkler system had activated.

Firefighters entered the third floor apartment and quickly snuffed out the fire, which was not completely extinguished by the sprinklers, authorities said.

Authorities said nine adults and three children evacuated the complex prior to firefighters arriving on the scene.

One resident was treated for injuries at the scene, authorities said.

No firefighters were injured.

The cause of the fire was deemed accidental and caused by cooking, authorities said. A damage estimate was unavailable Thursday morning.

Three apartments were deemed uninhabitable due to smoke and water damage. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the people displaced.

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Naperville Police Department and the West Chicago Fire Department provided coverage at Naperville fire stations.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here