Senator John Mulroe, Representative Michael McAuliffe and Alderman Mary O’Connor will be hosting a Women’s Empowerment Workshop at Resurrection College Prep High School on Thursday, October 24 from 7 pm – 9 pm.
Topics covered will include
– Breast Health: self-examinations, early detection, mammography registration, and more
– Breast Cancer prevention and treatment information
– Cancer support networks
– Information on heart disease in women
– OB/Gyn on hand to discuss women’s health topics and answer questions
– Self-defense techniques/training, mental preparedness training for violent attacks
– Hologic Tomosynthesis Mobile Coach-3D mammography technology
– Women’s safety information
Event participants include the following:
– Bright Pink
– Gilda’s Club Chicago
– Metropolitan Chicago Breast Cancer Task Force
– Women’s Tactical Association
– A Silver Lining Foundation
– Northwestern Memorial Hospital
– Presence Resurrection Medical Center
– Gen-Ki Karate
All women in the community are welcome. Attached is a flyer regarding the event. Please share in an upcoming newsletter or publication as time and space permit.
Please direct any questions to Kimberly A. Stark, Chief of Staff, Senator John Mulroe’s office at 773.763.3810.