- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. (The remaining ingredients are for the frosting!).
- Once combined, spoon the mixture into muffin pans lined with cupcake liners. Bake for 16 – 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when you stick it in the center.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pans for five minutes, then carefully remove them and place them on cooling racks.
- For the Frosting:.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until combined (but do not whip). Add salt.
- Gradually add powdered sugar with the mixer on slow until desired sweetness/texture.
- These cupcakes should be kept in the refrigerator if they aren’t eaten within 12-24 hours due to the cream cheese frosting!
1 (15 ounce) boxbetty crocker gluten free yellow cake mix
1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagechocolate-flavored instant pudding mix (Jello brand is gluten free) or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pie filling (Jello brand is gluten free)
1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitues!)
8 ounces sour cream
2⁄3 cup milk
2 tablespoons red food coloring (McCormicks and Tones are GF)
8 ounces cold cream cheese (Philadelphia is gluten-free)
5 tablespoons softened butter
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 pinch salt
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- AMOUNT PER SERVING
- % DAILY VALUE
- Calories 543.3
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 576.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 53.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g