[dropcap]P[/dropcap]olice issued a community alert Monday after five homes were broken into in the Jefferson Park neighborhood last month.
In these burglaries an unknown person or persons entered apartments and residences through windows or doors to steal electronics, jewelry, cash, and other miscellaneous items.
The earliest reported incident happened on Nov. 12 and all of the reported burglaries have taken place on Beat 1633, within the boundaries of Long Avenue to Narragansett Avenue and Belmont Avenue to Irving Park Road. Police say the burglaries happened mostly during the day and early evening hours.
At press time the burglaries that had been reported were:
- In the 5600 block of W. Eddy on Nov. 12 at 8 a.m.
- In the 3400 block of N. Long, between Nov. 15-17, between 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- In the 6100 block of W. Addison on Nov. 19 at 6:05 p.m.
- In the 5700 block of W. Addison on Nov. 24 between 6:45 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- In the 6000 block of W. Melrose on Nov. 28 between 10 a.m. – 5:10 p.m.
Police are asking residents to be aware of this crime pattern and alert their friends and family about these burglaries. Further, they’re asking residents to make sure their doors and windows are locked and to pay special attention to any suspicious persons loitering in the area.
“Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s), including any vehicle description, license place information and direction of flight, if known,” said the alert.
Police are asking anyone with information about the burglaries to call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.