The incidents happened in the:
- 1500 Block of North Lavergne Avenue on May 20 around 4:30 p.m.
- 3600 Block of West Wabansia Avenue on May 20 where two incidents occurred between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- 1600 Block of North Kildare Avenue on May 22 and 23, between 11:30 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- 1300 Block of North Hamlin Avenue on May 22 and 23 between 7 p.m. and 1 p.m.
- 1300 Block of North Ridgeway Avenue on May 24 around 9 p.m.
- 4900 Block of West Crystal Street on May 29 between 1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- 1800 Block of North Keystone Avenue on June 8 around 9:30 a.m.
- 4100 Block of West Potomac Avenue on June 8 around 4:30 p.m.
Police say that in these incidents, suspects entered houses and apartments through windows or doors and stole jewelry, cash and other items.
Authorities advise residents to be aware of the crime pattern and alert friends and family in the neighborhoods. Make sure doors and windows are locked, and pay attention to suspicious suspects loitering. Dial 9-1-1 immediately if a description of the suspect is available, and take note of the vehicle, license plate number and direction of flight.
Anyone with information regarding these burglaries should contact Area North detectives at (312) 744-8263.