The burglaries happened in the:
- 5900 Block of West Division Street on April 1 at 5:06 a.m.
- 5900 Block of West North Avenue on May 6 between 1 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- 3700 Block of West Division Street on May 27 at 3:07 a.m.
- 3100 Block of North Central Avenue on May 30 between 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- 5400 Block of West Division Street on June 1 at 6 a.m.
According to police, the suspects forcibly entered the front door of the businesses and removed the ATM machines. In two cases, the suspects pulled the electric meter from the rear of the business to disable the building’s video and alarm systems. Police also say in one case, two Black male suspects, around 40-years-of-age, were seen with a third suspect driving a gray or silver minivan.
Police are advising business owners to be aware of these burglaries and alert other businesses. Business owners should ensure their businesses are equipped with a working surveillance program. Police say to call 911 if any information regarding detailed description of the suspects, their vehicles or license plates and direction of flight are known.
Anyone with information regarding these burglaries should contact Area North detectives at 312744-8263.